• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 1DX MKll problem (1 Viewer)

Ian Hardy

I got my camera back from Canon UK Yesterday, took 4 photos of a duck yesterday using Shutter Priority, photo 1 and 2 used 1/1600 photo 3 1/640 and the last photo was at 1/500, the four photos were taken at the exact same time. Any idea why this happened?

I got my camera back from Canon UK Yesterday, took 4 photos of a duck yesterday using Shutter Priority, photo 1 and 2 used 1/1600 photo 3 1/640 and the last photo was at 1/500, the four photos were taken at the exact same time. Any idea why this happened?
Hello Ian,
So you had the camera set in TV mode to shoot at 1/1600? Was your iso set to Auto? Why had the 1Dxii been sent to Canon UK initially?

Surely in Shutter Priority, once you select a shutter speed it should keep to that setting regardless of changing light!
Comparing the four shots - what f stop value was recorded? Are you sure you didn't shoot in AV mode by mistake?

Hi Joe,
The f stop remained the same for all 4 shots was 5.6 the Camera was sent to Canon UK as it fell off the roof of the car, they found impact damage which cost me £730.00.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Joe,
The f stop remained the same for all 4 shots was 5.6 the Camera was sent to Canon UK as it fell off the roof of the car, they found impact damage which cost me £730.00.

Cheers

Ian
Because your f stop remained at 5.6 - you have taken the four shots in AV mode - or your camera thinks it is in AV mode.

Have you tried shooting in Manual M mode. Depending on the light set a shutter speed of 1/1000 f 5.6 then adjust the ISO accordingly ( approx 800 ) then rattle a few shots off - it will do 14 I think in HS mode.

Other than that, send it back to Canon

Hi Joe,

Cheers

Ian
Switch your camera on. Preview one of the photos on the rear screen then press the info button a few times to view all of the shot settings.
you should be able to see TV or AV, shutter speed, ISO value, f stop value, Histogram, White Balance, Picture Profile

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back