• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon EOS R6 MarkII or Canon EOS R7? (1 Viewer)

I think the choice of camera body might also be related to which lenses you already have or intend buying.
I have the R5 and the R7 and had I already bought the 200-800 then I might have chosen the R6ii as my back up not the R7. The R7 takes great images but as yet I have not come to terms with it particularly for flight shots. I also find the layout of the buttons and dials not to my liking compared to the R5.

Please amplify.
Your comment is too cryptic for me.
He means that since the R7 is a 1.6 crop sensor camera, whereas the R6 mkii is a full frame camera,
the effective focal length is longer with the R7. For example, with a RF 100-500mm lens,
the R7 would have an effective focal length of 160-800mm-eq. zoom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back