• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Capitol Reef NP, Utah - Aug 2013 (1 Viewer)

dhhatfield

United States
I am posting 3 pics.
I think that the 3rd is a juv black-throated sparrow?

Requesting ideas on all 3.

Thanks!
Debbie

Attachments

• Capitol Reef 01.JPG
    Capitol Reef 01.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Capitol Reef 02.JPG
    Capitol Reef 02.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Cap Reef 03.jpg
    Cap Reef 03.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 41
2 doesn't look like a pewee to me on most counts. I'd hate to even rule out a vireo on that view but I think Empidonax is a safe bet (Hammond's/dusky?).

I agree that #2 is an Empid ( W. Wood-Pewee would be greyer, the primary projection would be far longer and the wingbars less 'crisp" ). The tail looks a bit long for Hammonds and the distinct notch at the tip would probably rule out Cordilleran. Dusky ......... possibly. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back