• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Charging Coot! (1 Viewer)

I really like it.

It's sharp in the right areas (body / head - I'm guessing some selective sharpening there especially the eye) with the wings and feet giving a great sense of movement. I'm not sure what's going on in the background as it looks like a massive splash but I like it. I get the impressions it's running from whatever caused that splash.

If I was to be nitty (which I am, big time!) I would like to see a slightly more landscape type crop perhaps by shaving a bit off top and bottom or revisiting the original crop? If i was being MEGA nitty i'd point out a weird red spot on the birds white head :)

Good shot though, grats on getting an action keeper.

TobyH

Love it really good photo. I agree with Toby about shaving a little off the top but not the bottom.The room at the bottom and especially to the left gives a sense of direction for the bird to run into on landing.

John.

I thought I was going to be the only one who would suggest a different crop (clicked the pic before reading the comments), the bird is superb, but the square crop doesn't work for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back