• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Citrine Wagtail - Northern Thailand - 2 days ago (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

My last question from my birding tour to Chiang Rai.

Bangkok area and I seen many Yellow Wagtails in the rice paddies. I have many pictures, young or old, they have dark coloured cheeks.

I spotted one bird with yellow head and a greyish cap. No Yellow Wagtails look like this in my books, my old pictures or the eBird pictures I have searched.

The Citrine have yellow head and the female have coloured cap and cheeks. But the male have a full yellow head. And as I have never seen the Citrine Wagtail before I have no pictures. eBird have many pictures and all with yellow head or the female with cap and cheeks coloured.

But there was some pictures of a M.c. calcarata that looked like my bird. Yellow head with coloured cap

In my books, two books only mention Motacilla citreola

And one book mention both the Motacilla citreola and the M.c. calcarata Northern and Southern Citrine Wagtail

Is it possible to ID this bird from this poor pictures, bushes between me and the bird

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 28