• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corn Bunting?? (1 Viewer)

Surreybirder said:
Happy days, Ray! Your next challenge is to find one in Surrey! (and a s. heron!!)
I only saw my 1st shs in Cyprus this year.

Hi Ken,

That could be a bit of a challenge!! The only CBs that I've seen have been on or near the coast - I think we need to annex Sussex!!

I had meant to have a word with Brian (but forgot) just in case he knows where they may be found.

Bit of a disappointment with the Squacco.... Mrs Ruby is away at the moment and I had to head home to feed the Rubettes (just imagine a box-full of Blue Tit chicks and you'll get the idea...)

Haven't heard whether it popped out again - it had shown very briefly 3 times in about 4-5 hours when I left, but the hope was that it might be seen more easily as evening approached. I didn't get to see it myself.

All the best..... Ruby

CBs are a bit thin on the ground in Surrey, Roy. About one sighting per year! I believe there were a couple at Thursley Common early this year. They certainly do seem to be easier to see along the coasts but I've seen quite a few in the Midlands over the years--often with tree sparrows in winter.
I hope the rubettes enjoyed their caterpillars.
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back