• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica.... (7 Viewers)

My wife and I got to hear the Southern Nightingale Wren's song in Ecuador. All 20 minutes of it. 20 second pauses at least towards the end. I fell down laughing. A friend turned me on to a tape of the one you heard and saw. Bizarre and hilarious- especially after many beerz.

I assume you found the time for a pilgrimage to Paulo Wanchope's old house - has it got one of those Blue Plaque thingies outside?

Adrian

abagguley said:
I assume you found the time for a pilgrimage to Paulo Wanchope's old house - has it got one of those Blue Plaque thingies outside?

Adrian

ha ha ha
that was my opening gambit with every hotel owner, taxi driver, restaurant owner etc

hola, soy ingles y mi ciudad nombre Derby... mi equipo futbol tiene Paulo Wanchope... tres anos... muy bueno y muy rapido.

went down well, he's all over the tv there.

best of all if you say Manchester they all go "Manchester City!!!" not United as he played there too... wonderful change from the normal worldwide recognition of Man U.

I spent a night near where he lives but didn't see the great man.

Tim

Attachments

• Paulo_Wanchope_1997.jpg
    Paulo_Wanchope_1997.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
despite being the crappiest photographer in the world I managed to get this Boat-billed Heron to look at me and show off its bill...

btw The Simpsons is even funny in Spanish when you only get half of it...

and i have this itchy swelling under the skin in my chest. Hope it aint a botfly coming on... right shape though and exact same spot my ex got one.... :-C :'D

Attachments

• boatbilledDSCN1153.JPG
    boatbilledDSCN1153.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 141
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back