• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

County Louth (formerly Dundalk Bay) local patch. (33 Viewers)

Three lovely Greenfinches today in garden finally after not seeing any for many months. Robins everywhere and their winter song so lovely and heard at least 3 or 4 Song thrushes at 4.40 pm passing Daisyhill woods. I had to stop to hear one in particular as just so beautiful and wished I had my camera to video it. I think I may have heard a Redwing startled and flying past me in grounds of hospital but prefer to see one to be certain. Have some of those tall slender not quite correct looking Chaffinch back now in garden and quite a few Mistle thrushes about too.

Counted well over 30 redpolls some days since the cold spell began. Occasionally they all leave like a very large swarm of bees ...... gone in an instant.

Hi Frank, Nice to meet you today. Nice to put a face to a name.

I didnt see anything different today. Full tide by the time I got to Lurgangreen so nothing much about.

Ger.

Talk tonight in the Spirit Store is on Wildlife Photography and will be given by Andrew Kelly, the well known wildlife photographer - check out his photos here:

The talk will start at 8pm as usual.

birdslouth.blogspot.com

canada goose

hi
the canada goose was seen at lurgangreen
at 2.30 pm along with large numbers of brent and greylags smaller numbers of pink-footed geese and a barnacle goose
not much at salterstown or the hermitage

Pics of the Canada and Barnacle goose among the Brent at Lurgangeen on Tuesday.

Ger.

Attachments

• DSCN4247_01.JPG
    DSCN4247_01.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN4244_01.JPG
    DSCN4244_01.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 45
Saw a Yellow wagtail at Gyles' Quay (by the stream at far end of beach walk) and about 80-100 Brent geese landing on the sea at the same spot around 2.30 pm

sightings

hi all
todays sightings 19/02/2012
today at blackrock i saw 4 twite and an eastern jackdaw
at lurgangreen i saw a canada goose
and at lurganboy, cruisetown i saw a peregrine and bewick's swan

Hi Brian, Do you ever go birding around the lakes at Carrickmacross? Monalty Lough is good for Swans and occassionally Greylag Geese and I have had Long tailed Duck and Ring-necked Duck on Lough Fea. The lake around Lough Fea and the Nurmore Hotel might be worth checking for Garden Warbler in the summer.

Peter

hi all
todays sightings 19/02/2012
today at blackrock i saw 4 twite and an eastern jackdaw
at lurgangreen i saw a canada goose
and at lurganboy, cruisetown i saw a peregrine and bewick's swan

Saw a Yellow wagtail at Gyles' Quay (by the stream at far end of beach walk) and about 80-100 Brent geese landing on the sea at the same spot around 2.30 pm

I'd be very surprised if you had a yellow wagtail at this time of the year. I would think it was a Grey wagtail that you saw.

Regards

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back