• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CRETE in July (1 Viewer)

nightjar

Off to Crete 1st week in july with the other half any ideas where best birds are that time of year also what should be about . Other half sort of intrested in birds so got to keep her happy as well thanks for any help

If you haven't already get a copy of Stephanie Coghlan's "Birdwatching in Crete" - available on order from your local bookshop or via amazon.

Try a search on "Crete" and "Bird Report" for a range of sites with trip reports which will give you a good flavour of what to expect and where to go.

Finally - I'll send you details of what we see when we go in June - we are both too late for the key migration but there are still plenty of breeding birds that will keep you happy.

Now resident in Crete but not experienced July yet, our website might help and you can contact me through that if you wish: www.cretewww.com. Plus Robs advice is n target. How abut sending me you records Rob would be appreciated.

All best Roy

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back