• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waders in Flanders (2 Viewers)

Clibanarii

The picture was taken in July in Koksijde, Flanders.
I'm not sure about a couple of the waders.
Can you please confirm and identify those not labeled..
also in 'f', do you see any other birds?
Sorry for the quality..
thanks for the help..

Attachments

• DSC_5988.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
  • DSC_5991.JPG
    10.5 MB · Views: 49
  • f.JPG
    f.JPG
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Still no response here. I did comment last night suggesting that people might be reluctant to respond to this as currently presented - and suggesting ways of addressing that. But my comment was disallowed 🤷🏻 Somebody else might try, in order to help the OP?

Hello,
I start with the bird you marked with ? It might well be a Red Knot. By bulky build, size in relation to the redshanks and grey hue of the upperparts (although pale face seems slightly odd, but easily explained by picture quality and light conditions. No offense you know)

Hello again,

sorry my first comment was confusing. I was referring to the left ? bird.
The two right birds that are marked with ? look slightly better for Ruffs than for Redshanks by size and the just guessable headpattern (pale blaze at the bill base)

The smaller waders left of the Whimbrel (looks slightly better for a Curlew for me by size and Whimbrel are typically darker birds) and behind are Dunlins imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back