• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoped photos of Zeiss Binocular part2 (10x40 SFL & 10x42 HT) (1 Viewer)

Enjoying your binoscopes - as I may have said before, you do it much better that I've ever been able to. It's really interesting how in North East Asia you have a mix of species familiar to me from very different locations (nuthatch etc which I've seen in Western Europe and white-eyes which I saw in Singapore!). Plus of course completely different birds like the azure-winged magpie.

Do you have any binoscopes of raptors?

Enjoying your binoscopes - as I may have said before, you do it much better that I've ever been able to. It's really interesting how in North East Asia you have a mix of species familiar to me from very different locations (nuthatch etc which I've seen in Western Europe and white-eyes which I saw in Singapore!). Plus of course completely different birds like the azure-winged magpie.

Do you have any binoscopes of raptors?
I've also interested about the smilar birds in different continents
I really want to see bule jay and red crested cardinals which can't be seen in Korea but common in USA...

Raptors are hard to catch with binoscope because they fly so high up in the sky...

+ kestrel male binoscope between the zeiss ht photos

buzzard is the easiest raptors for me to digiscope. because they are big!

20240104_111751.jpg
20231226_144459.jpg
20231229_122957.jpg
20231124_104034.jpg

well, cinereous vulture is the biggest

but they are rare in Seoul
20231121_133259.jpg
20231121_133330.jpg
20231213_122958.jpg
20231213_123039.jpg

Woowww great pictures once again. It is unbelievable for me to take such pictures only with the binos and a phone. You do have talent JackJack and quite a steady pulse.

I tried holding my phone to my binos, hard to hold still, focus and press for a photo…. I needed 3 hands! Very nice shots!

Peter

Woowww great pictures once again. It is unbelievable for me to take such pictures only with the binos and a phone. You do have talent JackJack and quite a steady pulse.

guess my hands are bit more shake - free than others :) thanks!

Last edited:
I tried holding my phone to my binos, hard to hold still, focus and press for a photo…. I needed 3 hands! Very nice shots!

Peter
usally I focus the objective to my eyes before I digiscope. unless I 'm dealing over 20mag, the focuse through my eyes and my phone have a nice match. if phone can't get the right focus, I have to adjust focuse wheel of the bino with one finger while maintaining the right attatchment with others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back