• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Doi Inthanon this very morning (2 Viewers)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird watchers!

I was at Doi Inthanon this morning and there was a bird I never seen before. there were a couple of them and I got a couple of very poor pictures, #1 to #3

The birds were never still moving around all the time and it was dark in the foliage so I needed a crazy ISO speed. But I think I managed to ID the bird. To me it looks to be a

Buff-barred Warbler due to the white eye brow and dark stripe under. I also think I can see the yellow band on the side of the wing

Picture #4 is a hopeless case for me, the bird moved around on the tree trunk and I only managed to get a very poor picture. Is it possible to ID the bird from this very poor picture?

Kind Regards and Happy Birding

Aladdin

Attachments

• 761.jpg
    761.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 762.jpg
    762.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 763.jpg
    763.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 764.jpg
    764.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 39
I think maybe Ash-throated Warbler & Rufous-winged Fulvetta.
Thank you very much JWN Andrewes!

The Ash-throated Warbler and the Buff-barred Warbler looked very alike. I opened two pictures of the birds and not it was quite a huge difference on the head and throat.

Thanks again, highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Aladdin

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back