• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Editing video with Photoshop premiere Elements (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I have just started learning this and have a question. A friend asked my to clip off the first minute of his mp4 video which I did easily. The original file was 216mb. I wanted to save the edited video as mp4 and used the share and export feature. However the software said the resulting file would be over 1gb even at the lowest resolution.
Can anyone explain why this is, or what I can do? I would like the final file to be roughly the same size as the original
Thanks
BB

Video is minefield of formats. Comparing two files can be a nightmare. There are different frame rates, different bit rates and different who-knows-whats to consider. I can't speak for Premiere Elements as I don't know the software but Windows 10 will trim videos in the Photos app (I know it is stupid that Photos is the app to edit video). If the final version is still too big then Handbrake is a good free program to tweak the video parameters to get the file size down.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back