• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL SV/FP with glasses (1 Viewer)

SuperDuty

United States
While using the 10X42 FP with my particular glasses/prescription, I achieve a far more locked in, blackout free view, with more clarity when turning the eyecups out one step. I loose a small bit of FOV, but with the cups turned totally in I’m constantly fidgeting around with placement, I had exactly the same experience with the 12X42 NL Pure, seems a little strange, but that’s how it works (for me).

I have the same experience with 8x42 NL pure. Cups completly inside, leads to blackouts, first stop is fine. Maybe I lose a little FOV but the NL has a lot it is not a problem for me 😀. Some people uses O-rings to create a Position between 0 and 1. Maybe I give it a try too.

While using the 10X42 FP with my particular glasses/prescription, I achieve a far more locked in, blackout free view, with more clarity when turning the eyecups out one step. I loose a small bit of FOV, but with the cups turned totally in I’m constantly fidgeting around with placement, I had exactly the same experience with the 12X42 NL Pure, seems a little strange, but that’s how it works (for me).
Try asking Swarovski for a set of NL eyecups and rain covers. It fits onto EL and you get more steps in between. I have the same experience as you with eyecup settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back