• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eurasian Three-toed Woodpecker (1 Viewer)

This entry says: "North American races, dorsalis from the Rocky Mts, fasciatus from Alaska to Oregon and bacatus in the east are smaller and darker than Palearctic races and are considered a separate species by some."

Said split also has its own opus entry. Gill and Wright and Clements accept the split. Howard and Moore do not. We should either 1.delete the American entry or 2.rename the existing entry to Eurasian.

I went with the second option: the split exists in Opus already, there is not agreement that it is wrong, so I felt that it would be best to maintain what we had. I of course had to do a bit of editing, actually on both entries.

Niels

Know it a bit late to add this but I have sorted them all in the gallery so all the American ones are now correct and the same with the European ones.

NB

We have since had two European ones uploaded since this thread.

Know it a bit late to add this but I have sorted them all in the gallery so all the American ones are now correct and the same with the European ones.

NB

We have since had two European ones uploaded since this thread.

Good Job :t:

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back