• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeding Frenzy! (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Over the last month our birds have had an insatiable appetite, we just can't put enough food out!! anybody else found this, are they making up for lack of food for themselves, whilst rearing young? as these are all adult birds. Are do they know something we dont!

Hi Paul

I've found exactly the same thing! Before and during most of the breeding season I only used to refill the feeders once or twice, and very occasionally three times a week. Now it needs doing at least twice a day! I can't keep up with the demand! an't help you with the questions, I don't know either!

Same here! i don't remember having this many visitors last year,all the blue and great tits that safely fledged in May have stayed around the garden too and are costing me a fortune in food.Last summer i was able to cut right down on the amount of food i put out but not this year.I am not realy complaining though as it was quite lonely last year when they didn't visit for a while.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back