• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flight call - North West Poland (1 Viewer)

AGDK

Hello

Yesterday, while birding in a wet-land area close to the shore, I heard several times this very clear sound from a bird.. I assume it must be a flight-call, since it was changing position, but I never managed to find the bird.. It's a bit hard to hear from the file attached here, since the wind was very strong, but it was 3 similar tones right after each other repeated again and again..

On the attached file it's around 2-3 seconds into the file and you'll need to turn the volume up pretty much to hear it..

My own best guess would be a Eurasian Curlew, but they seem to have a more variable flight call, changing from 1-2-3-4 times repeating something similar.. The bird I heard was the same clear 3 sounds again and again.. Secondly I would have expected to be able to find a Eurasian Curlew flying above me somewhere in the sky, while something smaller could have escaped my eyes..

Thanks for any inputs..

Attachments

• Unidentified call.wav
    590.2 KB
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back