• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forum warbler year list (II) (4 Viewers)

My new world list for this year (Parulidae) 23 species
Looks like I can add the Swainsons warbler I got on High island, TX, and the Hermit warbler I got yesterday at Descano Garden's, CA, to the forum list. Plus the Chat if ya want to use it.
Here is the full list. Darn, it looks like a lot when I type it all up like this...

tropical parula
northern parula
worm eating warbler
sawinson's warbler
blue winged warbler
american redstart
tennesse warbler
townsend's warbler
nashville warbler
yellow warbler
orange-crowned warbler
kentucky warbler
black and white warbler
hermit warbler
yellow rumped warbler
northern waterthrush
louisiana waterthrush
black throated gray warbler
black throated green warbler
wilsons warbler
hooded warbler
common yellow throat
yellow breasted chat
( although I am not sure if the chat has been moved out of this family yet..If it hasn't, I am not sure what they are waiting for..)

Last edited:
Thanks rile's,

The Swainson's, Hermit and Chat are all new ones. You are right about the Chat. It doesn't seem to belong, does it?

Also thanks to Paul for the Icterine Warbler.

56 New World and 55 Old World so far = 111

Marsh Warbler, Barred Warbler and Icterine Warbler on recent East Europe trip all seem to be new to the list also the Bonnelli's on the list is that Eastern or Western???

Last edited:
Thanks Swift. Marsh and Barred now on list. Icterine was added just recently. Good question on the Bonelli's. I didn't know there was a split. The bird recorded was seen in Cyprus. Could that be either Eastern or Western?

dennis

O.K. A little house cleaning needed. The Bonelli's on the list is Eastern. The Olivaceous is also Eastern. We did have a Hume's reported as well as a Yellow-browed.

Old World 58
New World 56

hi Dennis- I don't have time (nor energy) to scan through the entire thread here, but am sure you probably have most, if not all of the warblers I sighted today while at Tawas Point State Park- a migrant trap along Lake Huron here in Michigan. It's still early in the season here, and there are quite a few species yet to arrive (Wilsons for example)-
my list for today:

Kirtland's Warbler
Mourning Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow-throated Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Northern Waterthrush
Ovenbird
Canada Warbler
Blue-winged Warbler
Golden-winged Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler
Nashville Warbler
Tennessee Warbler
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Black- throated Green Warbler
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Pine Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Palm Warbler
American Redstart
Bay-breasted Warbler

I can still hear all of those wonderful songs :)

good birding,
Cindy

Nice! Add Western Bonelli's from Swift. Add Kirkland's Warbler and Blackpoll from Cindy M.

old world 59
new world 58

Michael , Austria Hohe Wand, Western Bonelli's Warbler
Neuseidl,Marsh,Great Reed, Savis, Icterine, Wood, Moustached, Sedge,Reed,Grasshopper,Willow etc
Hansang, Barred Warbler.
Marchegg,River,Icterine,Wood,Savis
Vienna Great Reed Warbler
also drove into Hungary where Great Reed and River Warbler were plentiful

Dennis looking at your list i realised that Moustached Warbler was also a new one for your list.

Thanks to Charles' report from Japan, add Japanese Bush-Warbler.

"old world" 61
"new world" 58

Looking forward to reviewing the Great Global Bird Count list.

Although this exercise(this thread) is of no scientific value, on a personal level, it has been very educational. I've learned much about the global distribution of these families.

Thanks to all who contributed.

dennis

Have just discovered your project. I can add Iberian Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus brehmi or ibiricus, not sure what Clements calls it)seen in southern Spain last week, Hume's Warbler (Phyllosopus humei) in northern India, Grey-sided Bush-Warbler, Small (or Desert Lesser) Whitethroat, Sulphur-bellied Warbler, Buff-barred Warbler, Western Crowned Warbler, Blyth's Leaf Warbler, and Whistler's Warbler (Seicercus whistleri, split from burkeii). My apologies if I have overlooked any of these in the strand so far.

Steve Lister

Thanks Steve. All but Hume's and Iberian Chiffchaff make the list. I believe Iberian Chiffchaff is a sub-species of Common Chiffchaff(Phylloscopus collybita). Please correct me if I'm wrong. Hume's was previously reported.

dennis

i have been seeing townsend's, wilson's, hermit, black-throated grey, macgillivray's, and yellow-breasted chat here in san diego, ca. perhaps you need some of them.

I've recorded Eastern Olivaceous and Eastern Orphean. Has anyone seen the Western forms of these warblers?

dennis

Thanks Richard.

Thanks Steve. Didn't know that split. Just need Canary Island and Mountain Chiffchaff to complete the set!

69 "old world" of 291(updated with splits)(24%)
58 "new world" of 116(50%)

total 127 of 407(31%)

Dennis , Charles Harper has posted a trip report about Tobishima Island Japan, in that report there is one new Warbler for the list, Japanese Bush Warbler.
Good Birding Swift

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back