• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Forum warbler year list (II) (1 Viewer)

Hi Dennis,
Had Black-throated Blue Warbler this A.M., beautiful Canada with white ring, loads of Redstarts. Along Delaware River at the "Gap".

Thanks Swift......Got it.

Hi Screech. Those Black-throated Blues are amazing. Keep an eye out for Cerulean Warbler. Still need it for the list and they breed here.

dennis

On a very cold and rainy morning I saw the first Icterine Warbler this year yesterday- in Munich´s big city park "Englischer Garden".

Eva

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Swainson's Warbler has made the list yet this year, but I had two singing males on territory while doing my Breeding Bird Survey route yesterday.

Other warblers:

Hooded
Northern Parula
Yellow-breasted Chat
Pine

No Prairie Warblers were seen or heard, but I did have several singing last weekend while scouting that route. It's nice to find those birds close to home.

Steve Gross
Houston, TX, USA

P.S. I noticed that Dennis had mentioned the absence of Cerulean. I guess that I've been delinquent on my postings, but I had two males in one day at Sabine Woods. The date was about April 19. Sorry for the omission.

Last edited:
Thanks Eva and Steve. Both had recently been added. The good news is... there are 280 species left to be found. Just another reason(like we need one) to take the binos for a walk.

dennis

Well, I just looked over the Great Global Bird Count results. We can add 11 warblers to out year list:

"old world" - African Bush-Warbler, Lesser Swamp-Warbler, African Yellow Warbler, Senegal Eremomela, Northern Crombec and Tawny Grassbird

"new world" - Virginia's Warbler, Lucy's Warbler, Grace's Warbler, Red-Faced Warbler and Painted Redstart

This brings are totals to:

75 - old world warblers
64 - new world warblers

139 out of 407(34%)
Of course we still have 7 more months to find the rest!!!

dennis

Dennis is Geat Reed Warbler on the list i cant find any mention in your messages i have seen them this year (In Austria, Hungary and England)

Thanks Swift, I found it. No, it was not reported or I missed it. Add one to the "old world" list(Great Reed Warbler).

We have now hit 140 species of these little guys.

dennis

If you haven't got them on the list yet, I've seen Hermit Warbler and Black-throated Gray Warbler this year. Both in California. :flyaway:

Arnel Guanlao

Thanks Arnel. We have already added Hermit and Black-throated Grey. Your post reminds me to repost a complete list. I'll do so soon.

keep searching,
dennis

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back