• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Found a bird that doesn’t look good (1 Viewer)

Jessiep

United States
I woke up around 7:30 today and found a bird sleeping in my window bird feeder I thought it was odd but I just watched for a while. The bird kept waking up every now and then and did some weird things like twitching. She was getting bullied by other birds so I decided to see if I could get her to move. I opened the window and she didn’t even flinch and wasn’t afraid of my hand one bit. She let me touch her so I tried nudging her to fly away. She looked nervous but eventually leapt off and slowly glided down to a tree and just laid on the ground by the trunk. I went to check on her and she just sat there so I brought her inside and she’s just laying down sleeping on a pillow and making clicking noises when she breathes. In the video you can hear the clicks she also does the weird twitching thing with her neck. What do I do with her where should I bring her I’m so worried she’s not ok. She definitely wouldn’t last long outside on the ground where she was ( I live in a condo complex where a lady has about 10
Outdoor cats that I see daily)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    17.3 MB
Hi Jessie

We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

I think you need to get some urgent professional assistance

Another update: it passed away. I thought it was a baby at first because if the feathers but when it died the feathers all flattened out and it was actually an adult female. I’m literally crying so hard right now I feel like I lost a pet. I wish I could have helped but it was definitely deteriorating very very quickly

Hi Jessie

I'm sorry about this result. Don't beat yourself up, there is a very high mortality amongst birds. You can't save them all.

Maybe the guidelines I gave you will help if you find another sick birds.

Thanks for letting us know.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back