• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (8 Viewers)

Hi Tim

I have to say your recent painting added to the gallery on BF is stunning and the colouration is exquisite indeed (post 3659)

The Sedge Warbler is supreme and that is what your painting represents to us as observers of your works

Fabulous contribution anytime.
:t::t::t::t::t::t::

Regards
Kathy
x

Nice little pic Tim.....as Colleen says, like the way it kinda focuses itself. I like how you can leave areas a bit rough 'n' ready and still make it work....I find it sooooo hard to work that loose and then leave it alone. Damn that detailed illustration work!!

Been snowed under with illustration work and reports. 'Forgot' to take my reference for illustrations to the gallery, so I had to do something with my time . . .
Sedge Warbler Hunting, watercolour, 22"x15"

Amazing what can be done when work is 'forgotten.' Have to agree with everyone about the self-focusing.

I love the Sedgy, Tim. It's not often we see a passerine rendered so skillfully with your deft touch. Not that you can't do 'em - I'm so used to seeing skuas, terns, wildfowl etc!

Russ

Ps - Don't forget to accomodate me for an hour or two when you're darn this neck 'at woods (fawn, fawn!)

Leafing through a few old sketchbooks yesterday and stumbled upon a few sheets of drawings of little terns (June 17th, 2007). One caught my eye and seemed to have enough info for a developed rendition.
Russ - we still aim to come down in a couple of months, but Ill keep you posted.

Attachments

• littleternsmall.jpg
    littleternsmall.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 94
Having spent an unhappy hour helping Mme U to photo a family of Sedge Warblers yester, she will be utterly devasted when she sees this.

Utterly brilliant as always!

It is the light you understand. That, among other things makes you a valued and special artist.

I'd love it mor if you were stationed in rank vegetation. Shadows Tim! And lots of them!

What you could do with shadows!

Many thanks folks - appreciate the words muchly!

Still glancing back at sketchbooks (in between illustrations and reports) and happened upon the hoopy-doopy from May which required a rationaled piece from the shards available (minus the 'colour' in the written reportage) . . . . .

Attachments

• hoopoesmall.jpg
    hoopoesmall.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 101
Three slices of pure heaven! It's such consistently excellent work on this thread that I ran out of superlatives years ago.

Mike

Mike has taken the words right out of my mouth! Little Tern is quite superb but the Hoopoe blows me away. It's the text, man! Aint it strange where a load of often undecipherable (to some) scrawl can actually improve already fantastic art work. The whole event perfectly captured.

Work of this standard makes me want to simultaneously pack it all in and carry on regardless!

Russ

Ive been reading through all the threads and find them all very insperational. The Divers look fantastic! AMazing work..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back