• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (4 Viewers)

I'll be offline for several days folks - enjoy the spring movement. Get yer bids in for the charity drawings - you know it makes sense ;) If ayone fails to get a particular drawing that they really want - I'll make another version for the sale price of the original and add that to Paul's running total (as long as it's more than 99p, that is!!!!).
PM to me or Paul after the auctions have ended.
Cock wheatear this evening to add to the female hawfinch in Deerness.

ok, I got drunk and forgot to bid on the divers again and missed out. Are there any that didn't get sold? Or scribble me a nice little diver and I'll give £20 to cancer research.

Tim's drawings raised £250!!!!

So that will be over £700 to go to the local Macmillan Cancer Group.

Many, many thanks to all who bid.

"Eeksie peeksie" as we say on Orkney!!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Firstly a huge thanks to all who helped in Paul's wonderful charitable effort - greatly appreciated (I'll pM you about the diver, Nick).
Back from a visit to the old country and bit of a holiday via Blair Drummond safari park, Ben Nevis, Inveness, Ullapool and all points north - great fun and not single drawing for over a week!
Back home and straight into the RSPB contract - which is knackering but a fine chance to get near to the birds again.
So just a quick post with a couple of drawings made during snacktime 'on the beat'.

Attachments

• goldie1.jpg
    goldie1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 72
  • goldie2.jpg
    goldie2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 71
  • goldie3.jpg
    goldie3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 92
  • rabbs.jpg
    rabbs.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 78
  • ruff.jpg
    ruff.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 84
glad to have you back with us - and yes, please PM me about the diver - I bid, forgot I'd bid, got outbid and it was all too late to bid again.

These plovers are just golden, wonderful balance of both bold, abstract, and subtle, delicate markings. The sketch with the rabbits in MUST be made into a picture quite quite soon, what a superb contrast of species. You've done the ruffs perfectly too, just like in real life, I opened up the thumbnail, thought what on earth is that, then it just fell into place, that they're ruffs.

Superb work

Welcome back Tim, hope you had a great break.

You've come back with a bang too, that first sheet of plovers is brilliant. All the info is there and the life in them is extraordinary. I concur with Nick on the bunnies too, can't wait.

Mike

Don't have much time - off to bed so I can get the early boat to Westray the morn, just have to check in as one very cold, tired but ultimately happy, happy boy! Spent a terrific hour with a terrific male snowy owl (not the same bird as has been in the Isles recently - that was a young female). Be offline again for the best part of a week. Byeeee.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
%^$#*& gorgeous!!! I love the shadows on the bird, so much light and form from just a bit of hatching -- you're a master, Tim!

What a great bird! Your sketches have, of course, captured the owl brilliantly; white space sculpted by shadow. Top class fieldwork Tim.

Mike

Don't have much time - off to bed so I can get the early boat to Westray the morn, just have to check in as one very cold, tired but ultimately happy, happy boy! Spent a terrific hour with a terrific male snowy owl (not the same bird as has been in the Isles recently - that was a young female). Be offline again for the best part of a week. Byeeee.

Congrats on both bird and drawings of bird- I saw the news on birdline and wondered if this time it would work out. Aslo good to see a Man U fan using up his good luck early in the week.

I'm thinking of attempting a charcoal/conte crayon drawing, and seem to remember that Tim did a couple of such drawings within the last year - one of them was of an Eider in the waves (swimming or flying, I can't remember). The style was quite loose, and the effect stunning - can anyone point me in the right direction - I've searched for a couple of hours now with no success!

thanks,
Keith (urgently needing inspiration).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back