• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (6 Viewers)

You've painted a patch of sunlight and decorated it with beautiful birds, lovely stuff.

I know what you mean about work getting in the way, I'm currently twiddling my thumbs at work all day whilst my latest painting, which I'm itching to get done, sits alone on the easel at home, it's so bl**dy frustrating!

Mike

You've painted a patch of sunlight and decorated it with beautiful birds, lovely stuff.

I know what you mean about work getting in the way, I'm currently twiddling my thumbs at work all day whilst my latest painting, which I'm itching to get done, sits alone on the easel at home, it's so bl**dy frustrating!

Mike

Both those remarks seconded

- lovely jingling Dotterels Tim

- and stuck here at the office with a painting gathering weekday dust on the easel.

Many thanks guys - nice to know we all suffer from the same stresses and tribulations.
P!ssing about with some splashy watercolour again in the gallery today - just waiting for someone - anyone - to walk through the door. . .

Attachments

• peregrine watercolour sm.jpg
    peregrine watercolour sm.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 106
if that's pissing about then bloody hell, I wish my studio stank of it! With great freedom and fluidity you've captured every last edge and curve on this bird's body - hats off to an outstandingly successful piece here!

just realised you politely replaced the 'i' with a '!' whereas I kept it as a perfectly spelt naughty word.
Ah, sod it, everyone knows that Wolver'ramptoners are foul-mouthed.

Love it! And you go right to the eye, he's looking at you, which is appropriate. The rest adds lots of dash and mystery, also just right.

Just shows how pre-occupied I've been lately; I've not only missed the start of the turf flat, but also the first classic of the season and all the trials for the race (the Derby, if it need be spelt out) and I'm away to distant isles in the morning for many days and am trying in vain to get darling wife to see reason and put the kids' dinner money on a very intriguing animal. Or two, if you count the horse.
One horse (besides the obvious 'Stars') stands out like a miller's thumb and MUST be supported (if good lady will not, then I shall act independently) is
Black Bear Island ridden by the hilarious Ryan Moore (stoppit, stoppit, stoppit!!!).
Dooooo yerselves a favour; it's available at minimum odds of 8:1 and even better value is probably available. Back it each way and send me the surplus winnings that won't fit under your matteresses.
My next post will have a drawing attached.
That's a threat.

A few common gulls from Rousay last week and some drawings from Shapinsay from the weekend.
Hope you all saw past the smokescreen and backed 'Stars'.

Attachments

• gull1.jpg
    gull1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 62
  • gull2.jpg
    gull2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 57
  • shag.jpg
    shag.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 112
  • eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 83
Beautiful, beautiful work Tim. The Common Chick is a wonderfully delicate watercolour. The Hoodies can go straight into a frame, the colour sketch brilliant, the pencil bird to the left is bursting with all things right, outstanding page...

Missed the 'splashy' peregrine....

Personally I think that its top drawer, a real treat to view. The looseness is so refreshing, the form briliantly rendered. I can see exactly how you've done it and love it for that reason, you make it look easy.

Gorgeous (is it just me, or does the sea stack resemble an Easter Island moai?). And I have to make special note of the shag, with the strong low light, and no black! Love it.

Ta Folks.
Yes Jo - there always seems to be some character sitting in these rock structures. I once did a bonxie painting (now painted over) that had George Mackay Brown's (famous Orcadian scribe) profile in the rock face.
In the gallery, I worked up a few drawings (posted earier) into two watercolours - the razors need to go on another stage too, I think.

Attachments

• terns.jpg
    terns.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 111
  • razors.jpg
    razors.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 115
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back