• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (3 Viewers)

I can only echo what Nick has said about those latest pics Tim...'effing brilliant'...[i would say friggin brilliant...same thing tho]..;)

The hoodie/seal pic is really really fantastic...i can feel that 'light' and love the style and energy contained....[okay...that's enuff compliments]...you get my drift...;)

it does have a slightly cartoon style to it, but don't think you've crossed the line yet. Inked lines, simplified forms and brighter flatter color is always going that direction, but the activity, and mass of forms keep it from falling in IMO.

Oooh! Tim's gone all Keebled on us! Mike
Funny that, Mike - I wondered what the Man would do with these as I was scribbling away.

Eine kleine umleitung, jetz - as it was sunny and spring appears to be poking its mucky little face round the door, I found myself flicking through the winter sketchbook for inspiration and found it in the long-eared owl sketches from a few weeks ago. I reworked the piece and refined the image somewhat (for a purpose, I must confess).

Attachments

• owl small.jpg
    owl small.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 91
A beaut! I really like how there's a foreground and a background. Often owls seem to be portrayed in a one layer tangle. It's refreshing to see a little more dimension here. And of course the light...........

Tim,

Apologies for not contributing to your thread so far!

Astounding, often iconoclastic, full of love for subject, and enormously talented!

Never been good on superlatives!

Haven't had much time to paint last few days but I did snap this little lad.
Quick ID question - is it a ROCK SPARROW????B :)

Attachments

• spug.jpg
    spug.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 74
Bees knees and dogs b----x come to mind when i look at that leo Tim...!

ps...some other phrases come to mind too...but they are perhaps unprintable...;)

Bees knees and dogs b----x come to mind when i look at that leo Tim...!

ps...some other phrases come to mind too...but they are perhaps unprintable...;)

Doesn't it just, it's a killer Tim, wonderful stuff as is the 'old squaws', there is some magic there, with a slight hint of Talbot-kelly/Reaney/Busby Wootton.
Does that mean you're becoming an 'Old master' ;)

Love it !

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back