• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (3 Viewers)

now there's a class act! So much going on, I didn't even know that skuas could land, let alone dance around like that just to please people! A stand-out piece that tells so much more visually than one scene in a painting.

wow like being there, nobody does it like you Tim....did you create this from field sketches for the comp or is it right out of your book?

edit, that quote should have been rock stars oops!
Way to go Tim! one of the rock starts for sure!

and is there a website where we can see the winners?

Last edited:
It's a real pleasure and value to have the opportunity, through this forum, to see the talent of these prize-winning artists (Tim, Mike, and Nick) and have them share their knowledge with the rest of us. Congratulations to all of you and well deserved

Sid

Is this bottle one of yours Tim...?

ps...kidding of course...B :)

a bottle of jaeger meister would be very appropriate for da man Woott in the circs

I've only been been offline a couple of days (weather in my phone lines and shock horror too much work) and as soon as my back is turned you all win competitions: congratulations all round

a bottle of jaeger meister would be very appropriate for da man Woott in the circs

I've only been been offline a couple of days (weather in my phone lines and shock horror too much work) and as soon as my back is turned you all win competitions: congratulations all round

I've been on-line Ed....and somehow i missed the 'bit' where Tim won an award...i thought it was just Nick...[maybe i was half asleep or dosed up on prescription drugs or something]...

Anyhow...[belatedly]..well done Tim...and like NickD...richly deserved...:t:

I've been on-line Ed....and somehow i missed the 'bit' where Tim won an award...i thought it was just Nick...[maybe i was half asleep or dosed up on prescription drugs or something]...

Anyhow...[belatedly]..well done Tim...and like NickD...richly deserved...:t:
Many, many thanks Colleen, Ken, Sid, Andrew, Ed and User - a bottle of absolutely anything would do for me. Oh, you missed one out, User - Mike (Woody) was also a category winner. B :)

Many, many thanks Colleen, Ken, Sid, Andrew, Ed and User - a bottle of absolutely anything would do for me. Oh, you missed one out, User - Mike (Woody) was also a category winner. B :)

Here's to you Tim, a glass of sherry and olives. And to the rest of the winners and runners up. Great sketches. What paper do you use for field work?

I missed another..blimey..i'm a bad man...!

Okay...so if all the awards are 'in'...here's one beer for TimB :)...another for nickB :)...and not forgetting WoodyB :)

ps...reckon i'm getting pissed on all these beer icons...:smoke:

Congrats to you 'all'....:t:

Congrats, Tim! WELL DESERVED (can never get over the amount of world-class talent that likes to hang about this little forum |:d| )!

Tim,

I haven't visited here in a long time.

Oh my God! SO MANY CONGRATULATIONS!

And the skuas? Oh my!

So wonderful! With the annotations and the depictions of behaviour!

UNPARALLELED!

Very emotional for me to see this.

I wish you success upon success. You truly are an amazing talent and a true ornithological talent.

Just don't get too pixellated with that Derry fellow at the awards thingy! I don't know Woody, but I think I might visit his thread to dole out some congrats too!

And to think I used to draw for BBC Wildlife all those years ago!

PS Maybe about time I started my own little thread? Oh no!

All the very best!

phil

The glorious sunshine has had me considering light and shadow for the past couple of days -that and the effect of atmospheric temperature on the way birds are perceived.
Watercolours - 24x16"(ish)

Attachments

• arctic terns small.jpg
    arctic terns small.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 93
  • stretching small.jpg
    stretching small.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back