• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (5 Viewers)

"Retinal Mental Burn Capture".

Nothing wrong with that!

Do it all the time when sketching. As long as I can reach the pad and pencil within 7 seconds. Or 7 days!

I think it's important for beginning bird artists, to point out that, "memory" plays a great part in great sketching?
That "mind/sight capture" is a skill thay can be acquired through practise. And is "moy importante!" IMO.

These feathered wonders will just NOT keep still!!

Again, Tim. Those Eiders!

Supremely extraordinary!

I saw these latest eiders last night but felt totally incapable of commenting on just how good they were. Looking again this morning I'm no better off.

Enough to have a certain Swede looking over his shoulder.

Mike

Still enjoying the sun via the medium of watercolour - but very p!ssed off to learn a pod of Orca swept into Scapa Flow yesterday, less than a kilometre from my house!

Attachments

• arctic tern small.jpg
    arctic tern small.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 90
Theres a whole lot going on here Tim, latest Eiders are just fabulous, the sunlit Arctic Tern another gem of a painting...

It's difficult to comment, such is the high standard of work.

I'm off for another look...

Wonderful Arctic Tern, Tim. I am in awe!
When you are down my way you could give me couple of lessons - I would pay handsomely, but Tufted Ducks, alas not Arctic Terns, would have to be the inspiration!

Russ

Wonderful Arctic Tern, Tim. I am in awe!
When you are down my way you could give me couple of lessons - I would pay handsomely, but Tufted Ducks, alas not Arctic Terns, would have to be the inspiration!

Russ
Hope to be down in September, Russ - keep in touch and we'll do an hour together.

Popped back into eiderland for a while - possibly the last of the series (unless something different screams to be done with this species).

Attachments

• eider pair small.jpg
    eider pair small.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 71
You're jus showing off now mate!! Reminds me of the pics in Keith Brockie's sketchbook I loved leafing thru as a kid back in the 80's....who's a clever boy then?!

do more Tim, don't stop here, please!
I love how you get the plumage pattern in without drawing and making it stiff...just with the brush in the right area to read....what a whiz kid you are

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back