• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2012 (8 Viewers)

Have another species Jane.

Garden listing 2012 turning up some real trumps already, turn of my Vilnius garden this time.

Got home at 11 p.m. last night, pulled into the drive, snowing all around. Stepped out intothe crunch, pooop pooop pooop pooop pooop echoing from the pines, Tengmalm's Owl!!! First ever for my garden (never at my Labanoras either), so quite a notable. Still calling half an hour later.

Vilnius

9. Tengmalm's Owl

:eek!: ''It's only poor man's Hawk Owl''...I'm not playing anymore :-C

That's the ''toys out the pram''....I'll swap you Green Woodpecker...

Tengmalm's (Boreal) Owl

Jos, I will certainly never get your garden bird in our yard here in Missouri, but it is my # 1 target bird for our upcoming trip to Minnesota which commences this Friday, January 20th.

Really hope to see this guy!

Picidae is my favorite family in the avian tribe.

So far this year in our yard:

Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker (yellow-shafted)

It has really been slow here for new birds. I do not even have an American Robin yet!

Jos, I will certainly never get your garden bird in our yard here in Missouri, but it is my # 1 target bird for our upcoming trip to Minnesota which commences this Friday, January 20th.

Christmas Day three years back on your side of the water...

Good luck on your mission

Attachments

• Boreal Owl can 1.jpg
    Boreal Owl can 1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 119
08/01/2012

28) Blackbird m in flight
29) Chaffinch 3 in trees
30) Rook 2 on telegraph pole
31) Pheasant 1 approx 1.5 miles distant in fields.

A rather productive twenty minutes out of the bedroom window.

In France at the mo so no new sightings for a while.

I'd also like to propose a motion to have Jos Stratford banned from this thread ...

Could I add a humble Blackbird to my Vilnius garden list first? ;)

Vilnius

10. Middle Spotted Woodpecker
11.Blackbird

(actually winter Blackbirds are almost like gold dust in this neck of the woods)

Last edited:
21. Siskin (male)

22. Common Gull

23. Redwing

24. Goldfinch
25. Pied Wagtail
26. GBB Gull
27. Rook
28. Canada Goose
29. Herring Gull
30. Wren
31. Fieldfare
32. Mistle Thrush
33. Long Tailed Tit
34. Buzzard

Still hoping to beat last years 59 species

and 2 Foxes :t:

Attachments

• _MG_0588.jpg
    _MG_0588.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 132
  • _MG_0589.CR2.jpg
    _MG_0589.CR2.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 111
  • _MG_0594.jpg
    _MG_0594.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 122
What's the rules for gardens you're living 'in' temporarily?

Down at the parents in France for 2 and a half weeks, back to Falmouth for 3 weeks, then back to France for another two and a half week session. Nothing out of the ordinary yet (been very quiet), but 3 Cirl Bunting out of the lounge window this morning, always very nice ...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back