• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ghana Tour – January 29th to February 16th. (4 Viewers)

So between us we did really well

Just run through your list, you saw 93!! species I didn't see 34 would have been lifers. By my maths that means I saw 68 species you didn't see.

Just shows that a couple of weeks is really just a snapshot and there is so much more available in this amazing country.

Thanks for the analysis. I'd be interested in seeing your list to see what else we missed.

Just goes to show with good luck should be able to get 400+ birds with hopefully most of the Upper Guinea Forest Endemics in a slightly longer or more full on trip. Agree a great country with the friendliest people and some great wildlife - it may not have variety of Southern or East Africa trips but the fact that there was almost no one else around made it really different.

I've compiled a quick spreadsheet in a similar format to your own, I'm just about to add it to my own report. Most importantly, when running through it I found species I've completely missed off my report and year list so actually got 351 species total!

Jeepers, what a shot of the Picathartes! Amazing bird, just this bird makes the trip a tempting option. Thanks for the write up.

Dwarf Crocodile

I've compiled a quick spreadsheet in a similar format to your own, I'm just about to add it to my own report. Most importantly, when running through it I found species I've completely missed off my report and year list so actually got 351 species total!

It was only when looking at your wildlife list that I realised I forgot to add Dwarf Crocodile which we also saw at Ankasa first pool,
hoping your list might add a bird or two but suspect I've got them all:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back