• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Glossy Ibis at Marazion (1 Viewer)

minack

hi all iam new to birding so not sure if i got this correct but iam sure someone will inform me its the only way to learn. Photo taken this afternoon
so any comments welcome

Attachments

• 5ib.jpg
    5ib.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 89
Hi minack and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

Yes, indeed, it's a Glossy Ibis. Well done and a good picture too.

There's been loads of these birds reported in the last week or two and it's time some of them reached my area!

D

Hey minack!

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will enjoy your visits with us.

Hi minack,

Welcome to Birdforum, and congratulations on a great find.:t:

Glossy Ibis is a very rare bird in this country and records are still assessed by the British Birds Rarities Committee.
As County Recorder, could I ask you to download a submissions form from the BBRC website http://www.bbrc.org.uk/ and forward it to me at [email protected] so that we can formally accept the record

Darrell

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back