• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Golden eagle (1 Viewer)

jennermum

England
We have a field in turners hill where we are lucky to see buzzards, kites and falcons. We with others in the area saw the white tailed eagle but most exciting of all we have seen the golden eagle 4 times now which others have reported in the area

Welcome to Birdforum JM. If it is a Golden Eagle it will be an escaped bird from a Zoo/ collection. There are certainly no reports of Golden Eagle in Sussex!
The Sussex Ornithological Society site is a good way to keep up with latest sightings in the county: www.sos.org

The white tailed eagle was reported by many people around my area.
I have also seen posts about the golden. I was driving under branches. It came up road I thought it was a dark car without it's lights on. I skint to miss up and it just flew over car, which it was wider than

It was dark brown. Wider than my car. It's body was about 3ft tall. I have seen it a few times. We have lots of other birds of prey, this is far bigger

I know you say it was very large but the behaviour sounds like Common Buzzard. Being so close & unexpected it may have appeared much larger than it was. Certainly Golden Eagle there is improbable unless an escape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back