• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grafham Water (1 Viewer)

Grafham 01 Apr 2024; three Yellow Wagtails on the dam. Two or more immature Yellow-legged Gulls still around. No Ospreys today again except a lady had one on her 'Merlin' App 100 yards from me..... She went home happy! I don't think I will download this piece of trash.

Grafham 13 Apr 2024; on the dam a count of 40+ Yellow Wagtails this evening and 6 White Wagtails plus two 'local?' Grey Wagtails and many Pied Wags allowed some spring time excitement. A brief encounter in the morning with a potential female type Blue-headed or hybrid 'Channel Wagtail' allowed only some record shots before vanishing. The bird wasn't present with the evening gathering so may have moved on immediately. Two of the three Common Sandpipers still and two Sandwich Terns through early morning.
The wagtail: plus some more images here:AU0I5730c1 | Matthew Rodgers | Flickr
AU0I5724c1x.JPG

Grafham 15 Apr 2024; Kittiwake off the dam in the evening. 50+ Yellow Wagtails
A pair of Grey Wagtails feeding young at a nearby nest

Last edited:
Grafham 19 Apr 2024; evening, the two Sanderling still present on the dam and four Dunlin. The hybrid type Yellow Wagtail still in the wagtail flock.AU0I6078c1.jpeg

Grafham 20 Apr 2024; possibly the same wagtail as seen on the 13th (see above), much better views this time, also a very yellow headed Yellow Wagtail standing out prominently............ Two White Wagtails too.
AU0I6711c1.JPG

AU0I6280c1.JPG

Grafham 27 Apr 2024; the long-staying Whimbrel still on the dam for 3rd day. A fly over Curlew plus a Dunlin in the evening and many Swifts moving through gave some relief to the cold conditions.
Some high flying terns were Common or Arctic but lost in the grey sky

Grafham 28 Apr 2024; the Whimbrel remained on the dam for a fourth day despite ignorant dog walkers running a dog along the dam amongst the Little Ringed Plovers. An Arctic Tern, two Dunlin and two White Wagtails of note. Not often such close views are possible of Whimbrels:
A better shot of the 'lutea' type wagtail; only identifiable byAU0I6906c1.JPG geographical location.......

AU0I7139c1.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back