• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guess which bird from my terrible photo? (1 Viewer)

Hello,
again: location please!
If taken in Europe, its a Buzzard type. But which one?
I see nothink wrong for the default Common Buzzard. Its no Honey Buzzard, and it doesnt look like a Rough legged at first. But after brighten the image, I realized that bad artefacts changes important features.
If an confident ID is needed I hope for others to jump in ( Tom and others) or more pictures
I did say, Hemel Hempstead
And I do know what it is, this is a quiz, the aim is to guess (if you hadn't realized)

Hello,
again: location please!
If taken in Europe, its a Buzzard type. But which one?
I see nothink wrong for the default Common Buzzard. Its no Honey Buzzard, and it doesnt look like a Rough legged at first. But after brighten the image, I realized that bad artefacts changes important features.
If an confident ID is needed I hope for others to jump in ( Tom and others) or more pictures
The OP has said he’s in Hempstead, England.

I see no issue in it being a common buzzard.

Yes it is a common buzzard
Try this one, you have to find it to ID it

Attachments

• 20220130130957_IMG_3285.JPG
    20220130130957_IMG_3285.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
Pictures taken yesterday evening in Düsseldorf, Germany. What bird did I miss?
I have one more in flight photo which will make it easier, I will add it if no one guesses the right answer

Attachments

• P1580129.jpeg
    P1580129.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • P1580130.jpeg
    P1580130.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 34
Hello David,

a Bluethroat?
With thanks to smiths for posting pictures of a bird with an artefact tail-band, purely the result of light sitation and angle:

Thought it was about time to resurrect……..

Attachments

• 90AD3F0C-E9AD-40D1-AC51-3CE728FA6EA6.jpeg
    90AD3F0C-E9AD-40D1-AC51-3CE728FA6EA6.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back