• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hants, Berks and Surrey Borders (5 Viewers)

Singing Willow Warbler near Badshot Lea Pond heard from my garden this afternoon, also Chiffchaff & Blackcap near the railway line.

John.

First Swift over the house this evening with the Swallows, also the local Male Sparrowhawk despatched an unfortunate Blackbird on the lawn!

John.

Some good raptor watching from the garden over the weekend. A second Hobby following on the first a few weeks ago, and today a Red Kite low over & also a Sparrowhawk over the ponds.

John.

Hi Also living on the hants surrey border in Aldershot. Tices meadows is my nearest place, 2 minutes walk. Also looking to venture out a bit more. Also heard Moor Green is good.

Another Hobby- this time observed zooming low past the front of the house in pursuit of the local House Martins. A real buzz to see without leaving the house!

John.

Another Buzzard sighting this morning, soaring in the direction of Highfield Gardens. It still amazes me how this species has expanded it's range, a sighting in this area say 20 years ago would have been a rarity.

John.

A garden first this evening - Chiffchaff, a few have been around the Willows bordering the Ponds recently.

John.

Big movement of Swallows this morning all heading East, also nice views of a Kingfisher along the River near Aldershot Park.

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back