• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello again. (1 Viewer)

Nightranger

Senior Moment
Hi all ex-beebies,

It is amazing how life comes full circle because I never thought I would ever want to post on forums again. I will not go into why I stopped but needless to say it was enforced but in many ways, welcome. To be honest, it had become a struggle after our old friend, Sarah Valpy died back in 2003 and posting seemed all too poignant. However, I recently left the RSPB (sadly, to unemployment at the point of writing) and decided to test the water to see how I felt. I guess it was also too much of a busman's holiday at times because it was more or less what I did at the RSPB (averaging 100 emails per day) but I miss that part of the job and it has been great to get back online again (now, if only I could make it pay :smoke:). Bill Moss talked me into joining the Ex-Beeb forum so good to meet you all again.

Ian

Hello again Ian!

It was wonderful to see your name here and at first I couldn't believe it, glad it's true though and that Bill managed to coax you here. I knew you were having a rough time when and after Sarah passed away, it was so hard enough for the rest of us to believe anyway, but for you! I'm often reminded of her when I struggle to get the words for a post right when trying to get a point across; like Sarah, I know what I want to say, but can never quite get the words I want to express myself, it's quite exasperating at times.

I'm not too surprised to hear about you and the RSPB, you've lasted longer than I thought you would to be honest. Good luck with getting a worthy job soon, Ian, who knows what 2008 will bring. There are still a handful of us left from way back then including PeterK (who's name may have been slightly different then), Wendy Morris too, but those are about all aside from Bill and I. One good thing - that we have NO G******infidels!!!

I hope you'll be posting on here regularly Ian and wish you well in finding that right job. Take care.

ALL the very best,

Sue.

Hi Ian - great to see you again :t:

Yeah, join us in the Ex-beebers - you don't get all the arrogant bigotted numpties on this section! ;) :-O Yes, I too have had my share of run-ins with them which led to me 'going off' chatting to folks for a while :C

Sure you'll soon be working again soon mate......just enjoy the 'free-time' to get out birding for now ;) B :)

Hi Ian.
It's good to have you back with us. I hope the coming year is one of Health, Peace and Happiness for you, as well as success in your job search.

All the very best.
Baz.

Hello Ian and welcome to the mad house!....no, I don't mean it!! It's great on here and there are many friends, old and new.

I think that I emailed you a while back regarding black swans at Abbotsbury, or it got diverted to you, and I wondered then where you had got to. Now I know!

Along with Talk Small, this forum has got to be the friendliest around these days. Good to have your knowledgeable self back.

Hi Ian,
I'm pretty new to using forums (2years) so thankfully, I have no previous experience of when things go bad.
I am a bonafide exbeeber,;) although I never posted on the boards, and between you & me, I was addicted to the BBC4 forum (It's hilarious).

I'm so glad you have returned to BF, it sounds as if you have a lot of friends here.
Welcome back Ian.

Hi Ian

Good to see you on ex beebers. Hope to see some of the interesting posts that used to appear on the BBC Bird Board and BF.

Best wishes

Ian,
A very warm welcome to this very friendly board, for my part it was the best thing that happened to us, when the mods at bird forum welcomed us in. Who knows a new year and maybe, new start for you, and as they say they can't keepa good man down.
Best of luck with the job hunt.
George

Hi Ian,
Nice to see you back.

I'm not sure if you remember but a while back you gave me some advice on careers in conservation etc. I'm studying for a degree in Ecology at the minute so I'm very grateful of your help.

Hello Ian....great to see you here........ welcome back amongst us!:t:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your job.....I hope 2008 will be a good year for you and that it will bring you new opportunities for you in employment.
Looking forward to chatting some more with you in the meantime,o:D
Best wishes,

Ian this is just great to read your posts again and as you say Bill asked you to try
us on birdforum we are very grateful for the birdforum staff to allow us to set up this
ex-beeb forum as you are aware our quiz master Bill Moss will try to guide anyone
that needs a little help, so Ian this is to say look after your self and stay with us
the very best of luck in your job hunting.
All the best mate.

Hi Ian Good to see you back among friends, this is a good place to be, Im sure you will enjoy posting on here. guess what mate you have the honour of getting my first Broadband posting. Good luck Peterk

Hi Ian,

Good on yer mate, as you've already found, there's a warm welcome for you here.

Nil Desperando Carborunum, you'll soon find your niche, there's always places for experienced people in the Conservation field these days.

Am looking forward to the odd 'discussion'.

By the way, apologies for being a little late with this, I've been taking time out; know you'll understand.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back