• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello fellow birders Please help! (1 Viewer)

:gh: I have been photographing birds with a point and shoot camera. Well its hard so I finaly saved all my pennies and when the Canon 30D came out I bought it. I don't have a scope yet but I do have access to a redfield spotting scope (he said it was a newer one but the company has been sold out, to someone he can't remember who). Here is my question How do I know or find what adapter will fit to my camera and also what will fit to the scope. Is there cirtain guide lines? He has an adapter that will fit to a film 35mm pentax camera. Will that fit a digital canon. Please help I am so confused. :bounce:

I wanted to add a note: The eye piece on the scope screws off so you can attach an adapter and camera. In fact it has threads on the inside and threads on the outside it also steps up a little with fatter threads. So It look really universal. I just know where to start.

I am saving my money for a Swarovski Spotting Scope. 5 year plan, until then I need to make this work. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Neil said:
I'm not sure if this is the right company but have a look if your scope is there http://www.redfieldoptics.com/technology.htm . The Canon and Pentax would use a different mount. Neil.

Thank you very much. I found a phone # on the site but they are closed now so I am going to call them in the morning. Everything on the site pertains to rifle scopes and the one I have is for sure a spotting scope.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back