• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Eastern Wisconsin! (1 Viewer)

Hi team! My name is Annie and I am really excited about large water birds in Eastern Wisconsin. That has made me interested in doing more birding when I travel. Thanks for welcoming me into your group!

Hi there Anne and welcome aboard from those of us on BirdForum. I'm from Myrtle Beach and you can certainly see your fill of large water birds :)

Hi Anne and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi Annie and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi there Anne and welcome aboard from those of us on BirdForum. I'm from Myrtle Beach and you can certainly see your fill of large water birds :)
Thank you KC! I am about to travel to Beaufort, SC, and am excited to see what I can see! I'm using a birding gpt and it has told me to look for these birds:
  1. American Oystercatcher - Look for these striking birds along beaches and mudflats. They have a distinctive long, bright orange bill used for prying open oysters.
  2. Black Skimmer - Unique among North American birds for their lower mandible being longer than the upper one, skimmers are often seen flying low over the water, skimming their beaks to catch fish.
  3. Clapper Rail - A secretive bird of coastal saltwater marshes, the clapper rail is more often heard than seen. Listen for their distinctive "kek-kek-kek" call at high tide.
  4. Painted Bunting - These small, brightly colored birds can be found in brushy areas and woodland edges. Males are particularly vibrant with blue, green, yellow, and red plumage.
  5. Roseate Spoonbill - Spot these large, pink birds in shallow coastal waters, identifiable by their unique spoon-shaped bills.
  6. Wood Stork - Look for these large, wading birds in freshwater or brackish wetlands. They have a distinctive bald head and a white body with black flight feathers.
  7. Yellow-throated Warbler - These small, striking birds prefer open pine forests and are identifiable by their bright yellow throat and contrasting gray back.
It will give me an extended list, once I log these beginners. Is it on point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back