• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Me. (1 Viewer)

I've joined this forum as I'd love to hear about other members experiences of garden birds in their area. Wherever in the world that is. And of course to sha Looking forward to being part of this community.re my own. I'm from Scotland, about 25 miles north of Glasgow. I live in a flat and although I have no garden, I have set up a little safe place on my verandah for feeding the little garden birds that come over here. I'd really appreciate tips & advice, esp re what is the best quality wild bird food to buy& where to get it. I have regular visits from blue tits, great tits, chaffinches, a robin & a pair of European goldfinches came over one day. The baby blue tits & great tits have visited in the past few days. I live near a beautiful country park, & yesterday for the first time in my life, I seen a pair of Robins. Nature is wonderful. Thanks all, I'm really looking forward to being part of this community.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I get my wild bird food from Garden Wildlife Direct - their seed mixes, suet blocks and balls and peanuts are good quality and go down well here.

Hi Verandaviary and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. All things Scottish can be found here. Also, keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

I use Ivel Valley and also CJ Wildlife. Excellent quality food and customer service from both with next day delivery.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thank you for welcome & feed suggestions. I have lots of questions. I don't know if this is the right place for this one, please remove and advise if not. Earlier this evening I was walking home through the massive field/wood/nature paradise behind my place. I seen 2, definitely both male chaffinches, flying around together. In a stick together, friendly way. Is that usual? I wondered if they were new fledges? I am a complete novice.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back