• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, from Strangford Lough. (1 Viewer)

AliCat

United Kingdom
Hello, from the Strangford Lough region of Northern Ireland!. My name is Alison & my husband, Mark & I have been living near Portaferry for nearly 2 years & since arriving have been fascinated by the amazing wildlife, especially birds, we see all the time.

I bought myself a Sony RX10 iv on Monday & with a sunny day yesterday got to try it out for the first time, so please excuse the anything but perfect photos as I'm a total newbie to anything other than a compact camera or mobile phone!

We had an amazing day, seeing Canadian pale-bellied brent geese, an egret, mute swans, an oystercatcher & lots of gulls all within a 15 minute drive from our house so was delighted to find this forum where I hope to learn so much from so many experienced members.

Thank you for reading!
Swan3.JPGBH1.JPG
Her1.JPGGeese 2.JPG

Hi Alison and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

My goodness... you've soon got to grips with that camera and go some lovely pictures there. I hope we may see some of your images in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Alison and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

My goodness... you've soon got to grips with that camera and go some lovely pictures there. I hope we may see some of your images in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you, very much! There are some amazing images in the Gallery - I'll have to work out how to add to them!

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. My first photos in the gallery are pretty bad compared to these.

Hola Alison! Welcome to Birdforum (y)

Great Photos!! Looking forward to see more of them at the gallery.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back