• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I've not been birding long and most of this has been done in a local garden/woodland I visit sometimes. This has really helped me tell the difference between some of the smaller birds by sight as well as call and song. Also had some good experiences at Blue water shopping centre lake area where I spotted a juvenile reed warbler, long-tailed tits, goldfinches, black cap, wren and waterfowl like greylags, egyptian geese, cormorants and tufted ducks.

I've also visited Stodmarsh nature reserve in Kent which was a really good experience. Saw my first Kingfisher. Also spotted Cetti's warbler which I first heard by its call then located it after some effort. I only have an 8x25 binoculars but it is very portable although which it had better field of view. May have some questions about recommendations which I will ask in the relevant place.

Looking forward to being part of the forum! thanks for having me :)

Hi ChaffChiff and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back