• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with baby Myna Bird SOS (1 Viewer)

Taku

Malaysia
Hi, I just found a myna. Seems to be around a month old. It seems to have splayed legs or some kind of paralysis ? I need help with this baby - no vet wants to take it in. I've been feeding it mushed bananas and a mixture of water/honey water. I have a few questions:
1. What's wrong with its legs?
2. What should I do with it?
3. If I need to take care of it, how do I make it feel more at home?
4. How to tame it if needed, and what is it's gender?
Thank you so much. I hope any of you can help ASAPtaa.jpgta.jpg

Hi Taku and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

I'm sorry, there's no-one here who can diagnose what is wrong, it would need a proper examination and probably X-rays for this. It's unusual for vets not to at least do basic examinations and, if necessary, emergency treatment on injured wildlife. Do you have a wildlife rescue centre you can go to? Try another vet if possible, take him, rather than phoning; they may take a look and advise you that way.

Please let us know how you get on.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Taku and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

I'm sorry, there's no-one here who can diagnose what is wrong, it would need a proper examination and probably X-rays for this. It's unusual for vets not to at least do basic examinations and, if necessary, emergency treatment on injured wildlife. Do you have a wildlife rescue centre you can go to? Try another vet if possible, take him, rather than phoning; they may take a look and advise you that way.

Please let us know how you get on.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Ok, thank you. I'll get back to you if I find the right vet for this little one =)

Hi there and a warm welcome to you! (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

So basically the vet said that it's just malnourished and it's very dehydrated. I'm not sure if he knew what he was talking about too because it just doesn't make sense that it can't walk. But oh well. I'll find out in a few days. Was quite a search to find a vet for this little one

Thanks so much for the update Taku.

Good luck with him - I hope he pulls through.

It just passed away. Wasn't very nice to watch it squirm in pain and just flop it's head upside down. It died hopefully peacefully in its sleep. Thank you for trying to help. I wish I could have saved it πŸ˜–

Oh dear!! I am so sorry to hear this news.

Thank you for trying to save him, it's not your fault that it was unsuccessful. Such a shame he was so poorly when you found him.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back