• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Oz (1 Viewer)

SkyWatchDean

Australia
Hi all, I am an Astronomy Educator and keen bird watcher. I am also a Volunteer Ranger for South Australian Parks and Wildlife. I own a range of telescopes and binoculars: currently my favourite binos are (now) my newly acquired Zeiss SFL 8x40, which have edged out my Swaro Habicht 8x30W due to better control of veiling glare, wider "sweet spot" and better colour rendition. Favourite spots for birding are the Flinders Ranges in SA (best spot for Astronomy too!), and the south coast of the Fleurieu Peninsula.

I have attached a couple of images just to set the ball rolling.

Have a good one!

Dean

(The Pardalote and the Kingfisher were at extreme range- the kingfisher in particular was very wary, so not as sharp as I would like. I have included this shot of the Emu at an astronomy observation site because I think it looks cute with the "extended" legs. ;) )

Blue-billed duck.jpegStriated Pardalote.jpegReb-backed kingfisher.jpegWedgie1.jpegEmu astronomer.jpeg

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Very nice photos!

LOL I just love that Emu shot!!!

Hi Dean and a warm welcome from me too. I spent a couple of months in Australia in 2019, part of which was in South Australia with one of our Opus Editors, Peter Day, and his wife. What a great time I had there, also visiting the Fleurieu Peninsula spending some time with some friends of theirs. Then they took me to the Flinders Ranges for a few days - that was a WOW trip too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back