• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High and Over with NL Pure (1 Viewer)

I didn't like it at all when I bought these NL's... I made, and with pleasure, a financial effort for this, and asking me for such extra money to have this little supplement is really unpleasant, and makes, at least for me, like a 'stain' on the brand, and I've been a Swarovski customer for like 30 years.
It's pure mercantile attitude, for me, driven by the sole lure of gain and profit, here way too greedy from the brand !! Just like Orcs selling their junk !!!
Taking their customers only for cash cows !! It really disappointed me, to the point that I even tell myself that they must be exaggerating the price of their binoculars quite a bit too... (even if the quality is undeniable, that's not the point !).
Perhaps you can feel better if you recall that the NL price includes excellent warranty service, and consider that they made the headrest optional because many people wouldn't want it at all, and of course a separate accessory has to have a price. If it seems too high, you can remember that optics manufacturers have always overpriced accessories -- for cameras too, leading to third-party products which unfortunately don't exist in this case. (And considering the Orcs running loose in Ukraine, you can't really pass as a victim here, it's not even funny.)

All that said, I didn't buy an NL myself, and even complained that it wasn't quite what I would have wanted for such a price... but I'm not sure I understand why you're complaining that it was.

I could easily imagine the marketing department's discussion: ' Do we give them with the binoculars, or do we sell them separately ? '... And laughing like a drain: ' Of course we sell the gadget separately !! we're going to make a bunch of money with that too !! '
I didn't like it at all when I bought these NL's... I made, and with pleasure, a financial effort for this, and asking me for such extra money to have this little supplement is really unpleasant, and makes, at least for me, like a 'stain' on the brand, and I've been a Swarovski customer for like 30 years.
It's pure mercantile attitude, for me, driven by the sole lure of gain and profit, here way too greedy from the brand !! Just like Orcs selling their junk !!!
Taking their customers only for cash cows !! It really disappointed me, to the point that I even tell myself that they must be exaggerating the price of their binoculars quite a bit too... (even if the quality is undeniable, that's not the point !).

View attachment 1504210
Same here for Budweiser 😂

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back