• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How's Your 2023 List Going? (1 Viewer)

A nice selection of spring migrants today, including a mega rarity for this area (the ibis), which was a state and county lifer.

145. Red-eyed Vireo
146. Indigo Bunting
147. Cerulean Warbler
148. Worm-eating Warbler
149. Glossy Ibis

The ibis overshadowed the two warblers, which I was excited about, because I didn't see either one last year at all.

Dave

168. Common Ringed Plover
169. Eurasian Wryneck
170. Red-throated Loon
171. Common Scoter
172. Red-necked Grebe
173. Yellow-billed Loon
174. Eurasian Whimbrel
175. Thrush Nightingale
176. Eurasian Woodcock
177. Sedge Warbler

From the last couple of days around northern Öland.

More around the north tip of Öland:

179. Common Eider
180. Common Greenshank
181. Western Yellow Wagtail
182. Whinchat
183. Pied Avocet
184. Red-backed Shrike
185. Wood Sandpiper
186. Ruff

Seven new birds this morning.

152. Tennessee Warbler
153. Northern Waterthrush
154. Bay-breasted Warbler
155. Semipalmated Plover
156. Least Sandpiper
157. Blackpoll Warbler
158. Willow Flycatcher

Dave

Yesterday around Öland:

192. Spotted Flycatcher
193. Willow Tit
194. Grey Partridge
195. Barred Warbler
196. Red-footed Falcon
197. Common Reed Warbler

Just three last week. The weather has improved (and the migrants with it), but sickness is keeping me indoors now - sod's law.

216. Spotted Flycatcher
217. European Turtle Dove
218. Common Tern

198. Garganey
199. Green Sandpiper
200. Common Whitethroat

Again on Öland while trying to track down a Spotted Crake (which was heard only and so doesn't count for me).

201. Red-breasted Flycatcher
202. Black Guillemot
203. European Turtle Dove
204. Black-tailed Godwit

In the Ottenby/Southern Öland area.

A few more, mostly migrants including a couple of scarce ones: Great Reed Warbler, Garden Warbler, Yellow Wagtail, Black-Winged Stilt, Curlew Sandpiper, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Crossbill. 187

Took the train down to Alcázar de San Juan today down in La Mancha to visit the lagunas there. Parts of it have clearly been hit hard by the drought, including the tern colony which is abandoned. Such a contrast from when I was last there a year ago and not nice to see, but still managed seven year ticks so a good day overall. Bearded Tit is new for my Spain list.

219. White-headed Duck
220. Greater Flamingo
221. Marbled Duck
222. Greylag Goose
223. Bearded Tit
224. Little Stint
225. Grey Plover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back