• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I found a bird missing an eye, please help (2 Viewers)

Hii

Spain
I found an injured bird in my backyard today, it only has one eye (there is just a bunch of matted feathers and blood where one of the eyes should be) and a lot of the feathers on his back and neck seem to be missing. I want to help but I don’t know much about birds so I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.

Hello,
welcome to birdforum!
Thanks for joining this forum, as you are concerned abot wildlife and want to help this bird. Thhere are some guidelines how to care with injured birds: Baby & Injured Wild Birds - PLEASE READ!

Your bird needs professional help and (I assume that you are aware/know this) a lost eye is permanent damage. Sad, but you have done the best you can. Thanks for that!

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits and find the link Alexander gave helpful.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum. There is nothing much you can do but I would take it to a local humane society and hopefully they can check it out. Thank you so very much for caring for this little creature.

Hi Hii ;) and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about. Some birds do manage with only one eye, but it very much depends on the species. The injuries need to be properly treated if any infection is not got under control he won't survive.

Please let us know how he gets on.

I found an injured bird in my backyard today, it only has one eye (there is just a bunch of matted feathers and blood where one of the eyes should be) and a lot of the feathers on his back and neck seem to be missing. I want to help but I don’t know much about birds so I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.
I'd try to take it to a wildlife rehab center if you can. They'll be able to treat the injury and determine whether the bird can be returned to the wild.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back