• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I want to sell my Zeiss (1 Viewer)

birdazzLED

Hello, I want to sell my Carl Zeiss 8x30. What would be a good asking price or what would be a good price range to go by?

Attachments

• 20220105_151704_HDR~2.jpg
    20220105_151704_HDR~2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 112
Hello, I want to sell my Carl Zeiss 8x30. What would be a good asking price or what would be a good price range to go by?
It all depends on condition, that means in good allignment, no internal fogging, lens scratches, etc.
I am thinking around $100.00 if in good condtion with no issues.
Jerry

I think when members of this forum sell such items they are often like lovingly restored antique cars in perfect running condition, not just barn finds.

Edmund

At ebay prices range from $134 to $699. I don't see any fog and i'm not seeing double looking through them. The image is just as sharp as the bx-4 I bought recently but, of course, with a wider view.

Hello birdazzled,

When it comes to binoculars, there are a lot of unrealistic postings. Every once in a while, a truly mint collectible appears, and the price gets driven up. Other sellers see the prices fetched and assume their example of the same item is worth even more, even if it is less than mint.

Stay safe,
Arthur Pinewood

At ebay prices range from $134 to $699. I don't see any fog and i'm not seeing double looking through them. The image is just as sharp as the bx-4 I bought recently but, of course, with a wider view.
The brassing clearly demonstrates extensive use. The straps are not original. There is no way this sample can be called mint, so it will not command mint collector prices; apart from that I guess only a look through it would allow people here to make you offers, whether this sample is nice or not as regards the view. Put it up on buy and sell and see what happens? Maybe someone in your area will bite.

Edmund

Well, I never said or implied they were in mint condition. I guess I'm gauging present day collector value trend...or not.

Hi,

yes, ebay prices vary quite a lot, and for a reason.

First of all, what you see when you just search for the item are asking prices - what people would like to get... not what is actually being paid.
You can get around that by scrolling down a bit in the search results until you get to the "Show only" section on the left hand side - there you can check sold items to only see actual sale prices. Remember that there is sometimes an option to make an offer and in that case you don't see the accepted offer, just that an offer was accepted, and only in the actual listing, not in the search results.

Also there is obviously a price difference between a mint pair from a collection and a pair with fungus or other problems sold as a donor...

In the original posters case that would be functional but cosmetic flaws and I would say $100 is too low, those are donors. $150-$200 seems fair and I have seen similar samples of the Zeiss West 8x30 going in that bracket.

Joachim

There are some excellent articles on Allbinos describing the Zeiss 8x30 binoculars, both the Zeiss West and the Zeiss Jena models.
Check those out. The binocular mentioned above is an older model of the series, well used example, the value is around $100. and maybe a bit more.
Jring used to work in the Jenna factory.
Jerry

I'm going to have to keep these. The more I look through them the more I want to keep looking. They are my only "3D" that I have that works. However, just a few hours ago I bought another poro - a custom 7x30 JB8

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back