• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insuring my Canon 300mm (1 Viewer)

Iam also with Glover & Howe and have been for 3 years now like others here being covered in the car is a must and my house insurance would'nt cover my gear for the amount i wanted (£8000) and it has to be specified.

Just looked at the Glover & Howe policy, its got a £6500 limit on theft from your car ! A 500mm & a Pro body would be above that figure.

I'll stick in another vote for cover under your house insurance, make sure its covered for accidental damage too.

I think the reason specific insurance is more expensive is your (usually) getting cover for kit hire until your claim is sorted out either by repairs or replacement. You wont get that with house contents cover.

Hi, is there any insurance companies that will cover for mechanical/electrical breakdown, you see the rest (accidental damage etc) will be covered on my house insurance..

Sean.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back