• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is Leica Ultravid 8x42 BR still a decent bino? (1 Viewer)

Dear Member!

I've been thinking about selling my UV BR in order to get the Swarovski SLC HD 8/10x42!

What's your opinion?

Sz.
I am still waking up at night in a cold sweat, regretting the sale of my mint Swarovski Habicht 10x40s. It takes a few years for the regret to finally set in. Now if only my college sweetie would walk through the door, preferably with the Habicht around her neck!

I am still waking up at night in a cold sweat, regretting the sale of my mint Swarovski Habicht 10x40s. It takes a few years for the regret to finally set in. Now if only my college sweetie would walk through the door, preferably with the Habicht around her neck!
that's a fascinating and apt analogy! But with ex-gf's I find my mind tends to remember the good and omit the bad. Within a few months you forget why you broke up...but most of the time there were good reasons :rolleyes:

Very true, but there is no such thing as “perfect”. The search for perfection rarely culminates in crusade-ending satisfaction. Sometimes we don’t realize what we’ve got until it’s gone! The Alpha of alphas might not be best in hand, in field and may yield to lesser optics under a myriad of conditions. Some of the greats begin to weigh on the eyes as well as shoulders several hours into the hunt. My comment was poking some fun at the obsessive\compulsive gear quest. But I have known audiophiles that became so obsessed with musical detail that the joy of music became work rather than fun.

I have known audiophiles that became so obsessed with musical detail that the joy of music became work rather than fun.
I was a snowmobile guide for so many years that I can't go for a ride now without looking for areas of the trail that need work, even when I spent a winter in Canada once. My girlfriend reminded me that we were away from home and doing trail work wasn't my obligation there, but I still felt that it was. But I still enjoyed it!

The ATC would love to have you book a hike to scope out and maintain our trails. Bring your binoculars. We would be happy to entertain the girlfriend while you work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back