• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

John's Mammals 2021 (1 Viewer)

Rodents can pretty much find a way in to any feeder ;)
True, but I remember seeing a photo some years ago of a Wood Mouse that had got into the plastic column of a seed feeder and then eaten so much that it couldn't get out of the hole it went in through, which was pretty funny (and a cautionary tale perhaps!)

It was released unharmed by the owner of the feeder.

John

As promised, Patch and Hoppity's engagement photo. Sorry its taken so long to get to it.

Hoppity can be seen to have her right front paw held up off the ground, she's been on three legs for a while just as she was when she first joined the group and got her name. Happy to tell you yesterday she was back on all four with just the faintest trace of a limp.

John

20211203 (1)_Red_Fox.JPG

Not much recently apart from a few incidental sightings mostly muntjac but I did capture this image of a polecat in my little nature reserve. Mark

Attachments

• Polecat.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 14
Not much recently apart from a few incidental sightings mostly muntjac but I did capture this image of a polecat in my little nature reserve. Mark
Outstanding!

I need to get out after mammals more than I have this year. 35 days to go and then all the time in the world....

Patch and Hoppity visited together last night, twice. I also heard a pair of Tawny Owls calling to each other, from my front door, for the first time ever (we've had single birds on a number of occasions.)

John

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back