• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

Tim it vanished the day after I saw it, suspected snuffed it or predated, since it didn't reappear anywhere else - if it was fit I'm sure it would have found it's way to the dead whale on the beach at the north end of South Uist that's providing an a la carte menu for 12-15 glaucous gulls at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words on the thread that Tim started! Hopefully, I'll be able to visit a bit more often. Here is a recent desert southwest painting of a gambel's quail and some pancake pear cactus.

Tremendous painting Peter, and many congrats on the recent award, which in my opinion, is very richly deserved. Great to see pieces like this, truly wondrous painting...

wonderful solidness and substance to the ivory gull Andrew, a really beautiful bird.

love the sparrow peter - you really are living in Wonderland at the moment, magical tiny 'landscape' around the bird.

Your standards never slip Peter, I love the mosses and lichens that give the branches so much texture and allow a small peep into the bird's world. I think you and I share the same views on the beauty of the everyday as witnessed by detail.

Mike

Another small b&w sketch I stumbled across whilst trying to get some other stuff to work......

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• Sanderling_1.jpg
    Sanderling_1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 51
Another fab observational pic Andrew - the tiny catchlight in the rear bird's eye suggesting an alertness whilst seemingly at rest is a very fine touch.
Hope you can keep unearthing them.

Hi all again.. i hope im not spamming you too much with my pictures .
Here´s a new small painting 13x18cm , oil on canvas board.
Its a bit less abstract i guess :)

Maria

Attachments

• goldcrests.JPG
    goldcrests.JPG
    256.4 KB · Views: 57
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back