• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

Beautiful Andrew!!!

Here are some recent miniature paintings (not quite daily paintings anymore, but 'as often as I can paintings' instead)

Attachments

• Broad-Billed Hummingbird 5x5.JPG
    Broad-Billed Hummingbird 5x5.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Feeding Pintail 4x4.JPG
    Feeding Pintail 4x4.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 67
  • Winter Solitude 5x7.JPG
    Winter Solitude 5x7.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Doe in Juniper.JPG
    Doe in Juniper.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Wood Duck Drake 4x4.JPG
    Wood Duck Drake 4x4.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 44
Delightful stuff Peter, I particularly love the foliage echoing the shapes and patterns of the hummer's wings and the tranquility of the pintail.

Mike

Another cracking selection of work Peter - the pintail is one of those images at which you excel - fab little composition and a well controlled and expertly selected palette. The moulding on the bird's underside shows your knowledge of the species - great stuff.
Nice bright, cheerful hummer and woody - perfect antidote to the winter weather and two more moody scenes to compliment them.

The joint thread was relegated to the second page and hasn't been visited since March 6th.:-C I think I'll breathe some life into it again and hopefully more often... The image sizes should actually be reversed from what is shown. Autumn Interlude is a larger painting at 18x36 and features a flock of pintail (again, I know, but I love to paint pintails) and took a long time to paint BB :), the cardinal is 9x12, and the gull is a daily painting - 5x5. I may do a series in the same style as the gull, but with different bird species.

Attachments

• Ankeny Pintailsm1.jpg
    Ankeny Pintailsm1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Cardinal and Blossoms1sm.JPG
    Cardinal and Blossoms1sm.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Western Gull 5x5.JPG
    Western Gull 5x5.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 47
a big thumbs up for all of them but especially to the cardinal which is one of the reasons I really want to get over to the States at some point. Just gorgeous.

Peter, the pintail piece is so wonderfully serene (and I love the layered complexity of the landscape, so much too see without being too fiddly or detailed -- phenom!). And the gull is beautiful in its simplicity. I've been working on a cardinal myself today, I'd forgotten how frikkin' awful a colour red is to work with!

Here are a few more. The shovelers are for a duck stamp competition in California. The other two are smaller daily paintings - a 4x4 and 5x5.

Attachments

• CA Duck Stamp subsm.JPG
    CA Duck Stamp subsm.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 63
  • The Bachelors 4x4.JPG
    The Bachelors 4x4.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Snowy Plover 5x5.JPG
    Snowy Plover 5x5.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back